Have you been trying to figure out how to transfer your Android contacts to your new Windows Phone? In this article, you’ll find the answer. Follow below two methods, you can make the switch from your Android phone to your Windows Phone quickly and easily.
PhoneSwappr is a free contacts transfer app for mobile phone users. It can transfer your contacts information between your different devices (Android/iPhone/Windows Phone) running different operating systems (Android/iOS/Windows 8/8.1). That means you can use PhoneSwappr to migrate your Android contacts to and from your Windows Phone device. With is app, it’s easy to transfer your Android contacts from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei and more to Windows Phone such as Nokia Lumia 920, 930, 1020, 820,830, 810, 822, 735, 535, 635, 435, 640 XL, HTC 8X/8S, Samsung ATIV S, etc.
Method 2: Move Android contacts to Windows Phone via Google/Windows Live account
Preparations: Make sure you already have a Google (Gmail) account and you have setup (added) that account on your Android phone. Another required thing is to have a Microsoft account (Windows Live, Hotmail, Outlook) and to have setup (added) that account in your Windows Phone.
Step 1: Synchronize Android contacts with Google account
1. On the Android phone, go to Settings > Accounts and Sync.
2. Under Manage Accounts, select (or Add) the Google account you used to import WLM contacts.
3. Finally press Sync Contacts.
Step 2: Export Google Contacts on computer
1. Sign-in to your Gmail account.
2. In the main Gmail window, press the drop-down arrow next to Gmail and choose Contacts.
3. In Contacts page, press the More menu and select Export.
4. At Export contacts page, select the Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account) option and press Export.
5. Finally press Save and store the exported contacts file google.csv on your computer (e.g. on your Downloads folder), then close Google mail.
Step 3: Import Google contacts into Windows live (Hotmail, Outlook live)
1. Sign-In to your Windows Live (Hotmail) account using a desktop computer
2. While on the main window, press the drop-down arrow next to Outlook and choose People.
3. In People page, click at Start import icon.
4. At Import contacts page, select import from Google (icon).
5. At Import contacts from Google page, select Browse.
6. Navigate to the location where you saved the google.csv file, in the previous step, select the google.csv file and click Open.
7. Press Upload. Finally verify that all the imported contacts look correct and then press the Import button.
Step 4: Sync Windows live Contacts to your Windows phone
1. From Windows phone App list go to Settings > Email + accounts.
2. Tap and hold your finger at your Microsoft account until you see the sync option.
3. Tap sync to synchronize your Windows live contacts with your Windows phone .
Need to transfer Android phone photos, music and videos to your new Windows Phone? you can use Windows Phone Transfer.